Happy Friday, have some Dota 2 silliness! XD
RYLAI uses FROSTBITE. It’s super effective!
Squee: “Uh oh…”
This is for the RADIANT
VS DIRECHILI COOKOFF hosted by the amazing Steam Workshop duo, Chemical Alia & Drysocket!! Ok, oh-kay… this picture direly lacks Dire. And why does Timbersaw have a spork and a knife, you may ask? He’s after that huge cauldron of chili that the Techies have run off with, but Crystal Maiden—thinking this is a CHILLY cookoff (#hohoho #thatwasakneeslapper #rylaiplzno)—has frozen them in their tracks! The goblin trio is about to go out with a KABAM. Do you think, after eating all that chili, the Techies will have explosive diarrhea? I’M SORRY. I’m sorry, I’ll stop.
Silly Rizz! <3 You don’t eat chili with a kni—
"I’LL CUT EVERYONE!!!"
at it again with hobo cat designs
Friday LivePic #71 - Sept. 19th 2014
"My dragon costume"
Every Friday, a new LivePic…
don’t touch that
Added a bit more detail to my #Godzilla #time #adventuretime #godzillatime #mashup #traditional #art #sketch #sketching #artwork #inking #ink #drawing
Bravest Warriors #24 is coming out next week, with this cover I did for it! Here’s some of the process work - I included some explanations this time. I don’t know if it’ll be helpful at all or just… verbose… but hopefully there’s something useful in there :>
2. Tight sketch
3. Rough values painted underneath the sketch
4. Value painting on top of the sketch to tighten things up
5. Flat colors! Regular area fill for set pieces, and a few color/overlay layers to quickly indicate hues in the painting
6. Set lighting: using multiply layers to indicate the overall scene lighting raking across the wall, working out how that will interact with the portrait painting and lead the eye. Also continuing to paint in regular layers on top of the portrait.
7. Warming/brightening up the scene lighting, picking out highlights on the frame, softening some form shadow edges to add dimension, adding some rimlight to Catbug. Continuing to work up the portrait. Adding occlusion shadows under the frame and curtains.
8. Using a lighten layer to better expose and unify the areas of the scene struck by light. Lightening the shadow areas a bit to raise overall tone and prevent stuff from getting lost or too dark.
9. Pushing the lights even further to get a stronger afternoon-light feel and create better separation between light and shadow. Adding a soft glow around the light edges. And dust mote sparkles! :>
SPX 2014 Con-goers. Ballpoint pen.
You may get asked this a lot, so please excuse my ignorance - but how do you go about constructing character expressions and body language and such? Thanks!
Besides The Basics (construction of heads and skulls and muscles and skeletons and how they move), I’ll go over some things I’ve been trying to work on myself lately:
1. Treat expressions as a single gesture of the face/head, as opposed to a head and then individual features dumped on a plate and arranged into an expression.
First, just get down the big shapes of your expression, just like you would for a pose.
So say I wanna do a low angle angry pose. I know the features are gonna be all mashed down at the bottom because of perspective.
Scribble it down
start to put on features
put on more stuff
fix stuff again
erasing and flipping and stuff a whole bunch until you are happy with it or stop caring
Whole head is a gesture!
2. Just like a facial expression, jot down where the important parts of an entire pose goes first. You can force the rest of the body to fit the pose.
So here I knew I wanted the shoulders tilted a certain direction, and te hand to be in that particular position in front of her face.
That’s the simplest explanation I got. Don’t be afraid to push and pull faces and bodies around! Worry about being “on model” last!
it’s nice to see how others do stuff like this, everyone is different but there’s something to learn from everybody!
First look of Popeye/ CG animation test
The animation starts at 2:00. The opening is pretty interesting to listen to as well.
The movements. Sooooo cartoony!! Whoever rigged those characters knows magic or something.
Well that blew away MY expectations… wonderful stuff! Now I REALLY can’t wait for the movie!